Bookreview: Praying For My Future Husband


Praying For Your Future Husband
Preparing Your Heart For His





This is a christian review.


Synopsis
'Have you ever thought about praying for your future husband? 
Will it make a difference? 
There's only one way to find out… 
 
From when we were small girls, most of us dream of “The One,” our future husband. We think about what it would be like to be a bride. We wonder who that special guy is and when we'll find him. The great news is that what you do now can make a difference in your life and the life of your future husband!
 
Authors and good friends Robin Jones Gunn (Christy Miller series) and Tricia Goyer (author and former teen mom) believe God answers women's prayers for husbands—even husbands they may not meet for years. They invite young women to pray boldly for their future mate … while also asking God to prepare their own hearts. 
 
In Praying for Your Future Husband, Robin and Tricia share their two vastly different experiences, including the things they did right and the mistakes they made on the path to meeting and marrying their husbands. Each chapter includes helpful Bible verses, prayers, and practical application, along with true stories of women who prayed for a husband and how God answered in remarkable ways. 
 
God has a beautiful romance prepared for you. Prayer is the key to unlocking the love story … with your future husband and with God, the lover of your soul.'

Expectations
One of my resolutions for 2019 was to seek more wisdom & to read more Christian books. Praying For My Future Husband was the first one I started with this year. 
First of all, I have started the Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn, which is so far a pretty good middle grade/ YA book series for young christian girls from about 14 into young adolescence. I wished I had read those when I was younger. So I have some experience with the writing of one of the authors. I am curious to see what this book is going to be like & to see if it is truly grounded in God's Word.
I wasn't raised in a Christian home and really learned how to pray the last couple of years. Before that I would pray the Matthew 6 prayer. I was always afraid of doing it wrong and accidentally offending God. Therefore I was curious to see what guidelines Robn & Tricia give for this. 

Review

I was pleasantly surprised by this book, it is more a guide to let you think about what you think is important and doesn't really push their personal opinions, which I really like. 
In each chapter both authors share a bit of a personal story, and then they give an example of a prayer for your future husband as well as a prayer for yourself. Each chapter ends with a series of questions you can either answer by writing in your journal, or discuss with friends or in small groups. All the advice in this book is backed up by bible verses, which was awesome. 

I loved that the emphasis wasn't on finding your husband but on your personal development & relationship with God. I think this book can help a lot of young girls who may be confused about dating & relationships and can avoid a lot of unnecessary heartbreak. 

Thinking about what kind of qualities you desire in your future husband also makes you reflect on your own character & encourages you to think what kind of a person you would want to become. 

I didn't want to rush through this and really wanted to learn & pay attention. So I read one chapter a week and prayed those prayers during that week, before I continued with the next chapter. I found that this was a great way of going through the book, to really let the meaning of the words sink in & become a part of me.  

I also loved  the last chapter, in which the authors have collected all important prayers, a prayer for each week in the year, along with a bible verse. 

I would definitely recommend this to young girls who want to be thoughtful of what they want in a future husband and what is really important to look for. 

Rating



Do you guys have any other suggestions of Christian books I should read? Let me know!

Wanna buy this book? Visit bookdepository.com for the best deals!


I'm Loving Books is  affiliate partner of Bookdepository.com, if you buy a book from them, I will receive a small compensation.

Comments

Popular Posts