Top Ten Tuesday: The most unique books I've read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they come up with something we can make a list of and share it with each other. Check out their blog for more info on how to participate!



Today the list is about: 
The most unique books I've read


I went through my Goodreads read list to see what the most unique books are I've read so far. I came up with a list of 5 books, all very different and made a very unique impression on me while reading. I also added a link if I reviewed the book on this blog. Here we go!


1. Ética para Amador by Fernando Savater



I needed to read this one for school a while back and was pleasantly surprised. I read the dutch version, but in English it's called 'The good life'. 

This book is written by a father to his son. He attempts to explain life to his fourteen-year-old son. This book really made my think about all aspects of life. He really makes you think about it long after you've read this book. 










2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon


This is such a unique book, following a young kid who's autistic. The writing gives you a chance to really get inside someone's head and experience how they think. 

I found this extremely interesting to read and I would recommend this to everyone!!










3. Divergent by Veronica Roth


I just finished reading this so I HAD to put it in the list. I know the book belongs to the Dystopian genre, but within this genre I think this is a very uniquely written book. It keeps you on edge with every page and the characters are amazing! 


A review is coming up.









4. Thrall by Jennifer Quintenz



This book is unique in it's own way. The story is about Braedyn, who discovers she's a descendent of Lilith, the mother of all demons.
There's integrating pf fantasy-elements within the normal life and the main character battling with good vs bad.
I really like the writing style and the amount of mythology within the story. You should defenitely check this one out (you can win an e-book version of Thrall in my giveaway that's still running)

My review






5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

What I love about this series is that although it's about Vampires, it's not the kind of story you would expect. I honestly think this is the best Vampire series I've read so far. 
The story follows Rose, who's a dhampir (half vampire, half human) and she will do anything to protect her best friend Lissa (who's a royal vampire). The world-building is amazing!









My previous TTT posts:

Top Ten Things on my bookish bucket list

Top ten books to read in the Spring!

If you want to, you can still enter my giveaway! 
Are you participating in the TTT? I would love to read your post, link it in the comments and I will definitely check it out.


Thanks for visiting and happy reading!!

Myra

Comments

  1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time is a book I've been meaning to read for ages! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks :) I have only read Divergent out of the ones you picked but I loved that book. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestions! I am thinking of reading The Curious Incident of A Dog... with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Divergent & Vampire Academy. :) I agree with you, while they fit in their genre, they have a very different take on things.

    Thanks for visiting my post earlier :)

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was in high school, a teacher recommended us Ética para Amador, but I never got around to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts