Top Ten Books to read in the spring!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they come up with something we can make a list of and share it with each other. Check out their blog for more info on how to participate!

It's been a while since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday and I really want to get into the habit of participating every week. I checked out the list to make this week and was really excited!!

Today the list is all about books the 
Top Ten Books  on my Spring 2014 TBR list.  

Spring.. It's the beginning of a little sunshine (which tends to get everyone in a better mood) and I immediately want to read fun light reads. But when I think about those kind of books, I always read them in the summer. Spring to me is a season in which a lot of different genres are fun to read.
The question remains, what's on my Spring 2014 TBR?

Well let's just start with the list shall we?

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth 
I know I know, I still haven't read this one.. But this Spring I will!!! Also happens to be just in time for the movie ;)

2.The Hunderd-year-old man who climbed out of the Window and disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. 
There have been very mixed reviews on this book and I recently discovered it's going to be a movie. I'm curious what my thoughts are on this one. 


3.The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This is not exactly a feel good book for a sunny Spring, but I've been putting this one off for some time now and I just need to read it. I didn't want to read it yet because I know the feelings will be heavy. Still need to read it ASAP.

4.The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Also an upcoming movie ( do you see a theme here) and one with an interesting synopsis. I like dystopian, hope I like this one as well ;)



5.City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Yes, I know, believe me, I KNOW. I'm way behind in reading all the popular books. I actually started this one a couple of months ago, but was very confused by the great amount of new information about the world that I had to put it down. I'm not giving up tho! I really want to like this series because it sounds very interesting (also because I already own books 1-5). If I'm really into it I want to continue reading the series :)




That's about it for now, I just made it into a top 5, that's fun too right?
Do you have any books on your Spring TBR you think I should read? Let me know!! I always love discovering new books.


Comments

  1. New follower, hi!
    Divergent, The Maze Runner and The Fault In Our Stars all got 5/5 from me! However, I wasn't as obsessed with Divergent as everyone else and don't really care much for the movie. I haven't even read the sequels! On the other hand, The Maze Runner is one of my favourite books ever and I nearly died when they released the trailer yesterday, seriously. D:

    ★ Under The Mountain's TTT ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vickie,
      always happy to welcome new followers :)
      I really need to read all of those, but I won't let myself until I finished Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead.
      Love your blog btw :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, City of Bones is good. Love Cassandra Clare. Also, you MUST read Divergent! It is an amazing book. I so can't wait for the movie. :) I have yet to read The Maze Runner and The Fault In Our Stars, but I so want to before the movies come out. Love your list! :)

    Holly @ Part of that World
    http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,
      I'm glad you love Cassandra Clare's work. Have you read her other series, the Infernal Devices? I heard that one's really good as well.
      I really want to read Divergent, TFIOS and The Maze Runner before the movie comes out. I'm already way to late for City of Bones ;).
      Happy reading :)

      Delete
  3. 'The Fault In Our Stars' is on my list too! Wahoo! Divergent and Maze Runner I'll hopefully get round to in the Summer and I think it's become a necessity pretty much that I read 'City Of Bones' at some point.

    Katrina @ ChasedByMyImagination

    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-my-picks-for-books-on.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katrina,
      There are just to many amazing books to choose from!
      Hope we read a lot this month :)
      Myra

      Delete
    2. Hello! So you mention that you are reading The Fault In Our Stars on this list ASAP, and you said on a post of mine ages ago that you would be interested in reading alongside me! It is next on my Planned Reads list, after the book that I am starting tonight and will probably finish in the next few days. If you still wanted to do that then I would be happy to read it at the same time as you! :) Let me know, I've promised my sister I will read it AS SOON as I finish this book but I would love a reading buddy if you're still interested/ haven't read it yet!

      Delete
  4. You really NEED to read the Fault In Our Stars. And the Maze Runner and Divergent are also on my too read list. I want to have them read before I watch the movies.

    Rochella @ iamaloserkidreviews
    http://iamaloserkidreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read them too before the movies are released! Just became a new follower on your blog, it looks really nice :)
      Happy reading
      Myra

      Delete
  5. Great list. I have read and really loved Divergent, it's a great start to the series but it's kind of all down hill from there. I really want to read Maze Runner, especially now that the film is coming out. I hope you get to them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a lot of disappointment about the last book of the Divergent trilogy too. I'm just gonna start reading Divergent soon :)
      Thanks for your comment!
      Myra

      Delete
  6. I have read the City of Bones, which was really cool and the movie turned out great, too! Done reading The Fault in Our Stars which is a really good book with hifalutin words! Got to read that because the movie is coming out! And yes, Divergent...I've been putting that off too...I still have not gotten over Hunger Games Trilogy so...And Maze Runner, got to read that one too (I was planning to read that last year). But first time to know about the 100 years old man...interesting...hopping from TTT!

    TTT at Leaf Through Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for your comment! Happy to know you like the City of Bones!
      I'm going to read Divergent really soon!!
      Bye :)

      Delete
  7. I'm way behind in reading all the popular books, too. The only book of your list that I've read is The Fault in our Stars, but Maze Runner, Divergent and City of Bones are all on my to read list. I have avoided spoilers so far, but I want to read those with movies before the movies come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hellen, thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read the popular books!
      I think I'm gonna start Divergent soon, because the movie's coming out soon. Thanks for following my blog :)

      Delete
  8. That is a great list! I have so many series on my list too and I seem to get to a lot of them late...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts