Book review: Scarlet

Title: Scarlet
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #2
Author: Marissa Meyer
Release date: February 2013
Genre: Science Fiction
Pages: 464 pages


Expectations
I really enjoyed reading Cinder & I'm looking forward to see how this story continues. I've heard that the stories of all the characters will intertwine, and I really like that idea!

Review of Cinder

Review
Scarlet is loosely based on Little red riding hood. 

I loved the fact that Scarlet is French. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator did a really good job with all the accents, including this one!

In this book we get to meet a lot of great characters. Thorne is definitely one of my favorites! He is such a great character. He is funny, charming, full of himself and loyal. He is hilarious! I laughed out loud a couple of times!

I really liked the interactions between Thorne and Cinder. So funny!

Scarlet is a nice character, she is feisty (with her gun ;p) but I missed really getting to know her. It felt like all we really got to see from her was her worrying about her grandmother and her interactions with Wolf. Maybe this will come later :)

Some parts dragged on a bit, especially the parts were Scarlet was trying to find her grandmother.

Can we just adore Iko for a moment. She was so disapointed when she discovered she was a ship! She is so much fun to read about. 

I really loved the intertwining of the stories! Marissa Meyer did a great job with this!

I'm really curious to see what Cress is all about! So excited to read that one!

Rating
4.0 stars

Comments

Popular Posts