Book review: Clockwork Angel

Title: Clockwork Angel
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Infernal Devices #1
Release date: August 2010
Genre:
YA Fantasy
Pages:
479


I've read the first three books in the Mortal Instruments series , also by Cassandra Clare. Check out my reviews:
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass

Synopsis
In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them...
 


Expectations
I'm curious to start reading the Infernal Devices, the synopsis sounds very promising and I've heard many good things about it!


Review
Yes, I finally read Clockwork Angel. This book! This book is amazing!

First of all, I like the main character Tessa. She is very likable, realistic and just great main character. She is not such a hero, which I really like. She is very relatable. Love that she reads books! Also love the references to authors or books ! (I like her more than Clary)

The writing is lovely, there is not a boring moment in this book! The storyline is lovely, fast paced and with some twists and turns.  I can really understand why people love this trilogy so much.

Will and Jem, they make it impossible for me to choose one of them. I think this is the best love-triangle I've ever read and also where I didn't really have a preference.

I can't wait to start the next book, there are so many questions left unanswered! What is Tessa? What is Will hiding? Will they find the cure for Jem? What is it that the Magister wants?

What can I say, I just loved everything about it!

Rating
So easy to rate this book, it was AMAZING!

Comments

  1. I'm dying to read this series! I read the Mortal Instruments first, and it was great.
    Should have read this one first!Check out my latest post please and follow!!
    New at this xD

    Anushka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts