Book review: City of Glass

Title: City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #3
Release date:  March 2009
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 541

Previous books in this series:

Expectations
I've heard great things about the third book of The Mortal Instruments so I'm excited to read this! I'm hoping for more personal development for Clary  ( I still don't really like her, but I'm trying).




Review

I was happy to notice that the story only got better with this third installment. There were some great plot twists I didn't see coming at all!

I had some doubts starting the first book (City of Bones) and at first I couldn't get into it. But now I understand the hype. This book lifts the series to another level!

I especially liked the last third of the book. This part was so fast-paced, exciting and great to read. The middle part of the book could have been a bit shorter.

I really liked Jace and Simon(Jace more than Simon, but don't tell Simon ssshh), and I even started to 'like' Clary a bit more too!

I really enjoyed reading this, this book keeps you on your toes, sometimes leaves you in desparate situations and reveals great plot twists and surprises.


Rating
I'll rate this one 4.5 stars.

I'm currently reading Clockwork Angel, the first book in The Infernal Devices series, also by Cassandra Clare, and it is amazing!! I love it even more than the Mortal Instruments!

Comments

  1. I'm so tempted to ruin the series. XD
    Have fun, it's great. The infernal devices is better, though.


    A.S. Damea @ Reviewing Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ruin it! And I agree, I'm reading Clockwork Prince and the Infernal Devices is way better! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts