Book review: Murder on the Orient Express!


Murder on the Orient Express

Author: Agatha Christie
Series: Hercule Poirot #10
Release date: first published in 1926!
Genre: Murder mystery
Pages: 322 pages











Expectations
I've heard great things about the writing of Agatha Christie and the many Murder Mystery books she has written. I am always fascinated by books that have been written a long time ago and are still good in our time. Can you believe this was first published in 1926!!
I  am very curious to see if i will like her writing. I've never read a murder mystery so I'm also excited to see if this is a genre I would like to read more of.

Synopsis
'What more can a mystery addict desire than a much-loathed murder victim found aboard the luxurious Orient Express with multiple stab wounds, thirteen likely suspects, an incomparably brilliant detective in Hercule Poirot, and the most ingenious crime ever conceived?'

Review
I listened to the audiobook. Really loved the narrator, he did so many accents so well!
I must say I really enjoyed thinking about all the possible murderers and going with Poirot on this adventure! I loved the different characters and the entire investigation
Poirot is such a fun character. He really made me laugh out loud a couple of times. 

I also liked the doctor and the boss of the traincompany. Their astonishment with Poirot's thinking was so much fun to listen to.
Even though I tried to figure it out, I didn't expect that ending at all, which is always good in a murder mistery.

I must say this book has made me interested in the genre and I am definitely reading more books in this genre in the near future!
There has been several movies made about this story, one back in 1974 and a recent movie that came out in 2017. I am planning on doing a movie review on both of them! 


Rating
Really enjoyed it, 4 stars :)


Are you interested in reading this? It is currently on sale at bookdepository! 
Check it out: 


Comments

  1. Hello, I've come here immediately after you left a reply on my blog. Thank you for leaving a link to this review, I've always wanted to know more about Agatha Christie's work.

    I've heard many things about Murder on the Orient Express but can't bring myself to read it since I'm not fond of mysteries. After reading your review, I'd like to give this book a try the next time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you are welcome!
      It is really a story you will enjoy :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! I've only read one Agatha Christie novel but I am definitely looking to reading another one. I want to see the movie for this so I will make sure to read the book first, especially as it comes so highly recommended ^.^

    My recent post: http://oliviascatastrophe.com/2018/05/illegal-book-review-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Olivia,
      Definitely read the book before watching the movie! I just watched the 1974 movie and it was so cool and old school, loved it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts