The rules of The Book Blogger Test are pretty simple:
- answer the ten questions,
- then tag five people.
Let's do this!
1) What are your top three book pet hates?
First of all, I've never heard of pet hates before, must be that I'm Dutch or something. But I'm going to give this my best interpretation and tell you what I dislike the most in books:
- I dislike it when a story is very long-winded, I tend to loose interest in the story because it just goes on and on AND ON and doesn't really get anywhere.
- I dislike very unbelievable things or moments. Sometimes characters do such unbelievably stupid things that I just don't care what happens to the rest of the story.
- Another dislike I have is when the main character is shallow and feels sorry for herself all the time ( I really can't stand that!).
2) Describe your perfect reading spot.
To me, it depends on the season. In the summer, I love to read outside while the sun is shining with a nice glass of wine. In the winter I love to curl up in bed or on a nice couch with a cup of tea and some chocolate ( I LOVE chocolate).
3) Tell us three book confessions.
Hmm.. three book confessions.. I'll just give you two, okay?
- Well, I've never read the Twilight Saga. I've seen the movies 1,2 and 3 and I also own all of the books (including the short story of Bree Tanner(something like that, you know what I mean)). I do want to read it some day. Just not now..
- Just as Katrina, I do judge a book by the cover more than I should. It's just that if it looks good I want to read it! I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it!
4)When was the last time you cried during a book?
I cried a lot reading The Fault in Our Stars. I read that book together with Katrina. It's such an amazing book and I still felt like crying days after I finished reading it.
5)How many books are on your bedside table?
Currently two, I have my e-reader and a paperback of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I haven't started that last one, but I want to after I finish Insurgent by Veronica Roth on my e-reader :)
6)What is your favourite snack while reading?
I already gave that away didn't I? I love to eat some chocolate while I'm reading. I especially love the combination of tea and chocolate, don't you?
7) Name three books you recommend to everyone?
Three books hmm... let me go to my Goodreads read shelf...
- If you're into paranormal romance books and like reading about Myths, I would recommend the Daughters of Lilith series by Jennifer Quintenz. The first book is Thrall, check it out!
- I also want to recommend The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, by Mark Haddon. This is a book about a 14 year-old boy Chrisopher who's has Autism and is trying to solve the death of his neighbor's dog. Great book for anyone to read!
- I would also recommend the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Amazing series and definitely the favorite vampire series I've read.
8) Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
I recently did a second part of my bookshelf tour. My Vampire shelf is my favorite shelf because it just looks so nice! Do you agree?
9) Describe how much books mean to you in just three words.
Discovering another world
Explanation: I love books because I can loose myself into another world far far away and discover all about that world.
10) What is your biggest reading secret?
The biggest reading secret is that I'm a pretty slow reader.. I don't like that but it's true. I see people on Goodreads reading 10-15 books a month while I only read 2,3 or maybe 4. But I do enjoy reading them a lot :)
I tagged these awesome people below to do this Book Blogger Test as well!
Jean @ Jean Book Nerd
Chrissy @ A Novel Idea
Angelica @ Life is Reading
Roxy @ Roxy's Reviews
Emily @ Mrs B's Books
If I didn't tag you but you want to do The Book Blogger Test, just do it! And let me know when you answered the questions, would love to read them :)
Happy reading everyone!