Book to Movie adaptation: Sense and Sensibility

Title: Sense and Sensibility
Movie release date: December 1995
Director: Ang Lee
Cast: Kate Winslet, Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson.
Orginial Book: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, published in 1811.

Expectations


I have high expectations of this movie. I'm very excited to see this story come to live on screen. If you want, you can check out my book review on Sense and Sensibility.


Movie review


I'm so happy this movie didn't disappoint me! 
It was amazing! The whole movie stayed so close to the original story , which was great. There are some minor changes, but those are small details. I think the movie was done beautifully and honored the Jane Austen novel perfectly.  

I think they did a great job casting the right actors for all the characters. I thought every single person was spot on. Even Charlotte and her husband and of course Fanny (hate her).
Kate Winslet portrayed Marianne very well. The connection between Marianne and Elinor was played beautifully.
I also loved the awkwardness of Edward, played by Hugh Grant.

Through the entire movie the atmosphere was just right. It really showed the connection of the sisters and at the same time it showed the differences between them. 

Rating


It was amazing!! 


Thanks for the recommendations on what Jane Austen book I should read next, I think I will start with Pride and Prejudice or Emma soon. 

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts