Review: Because I'm worth it

Title: Because I'm worth it.
Series: Gossip Girl #4
Author: Cecily von Ziegesar
Release date: October 2003
Age group: Young Adult
Pages: 234

Expectations
I'm not expecting a whole lot in this book, but I hope the writer keeps the humorous aspects used in the third book; All I want is everything
I would also like to see a little bit of character-development, but I'm not counting on it. 

Review
I did enjoy this book, in a very light read, chick-lit kind of way. The humor was still there, which was nice. 

The entire book was just as I expected, about the same characters, doing the same things, buying the same expensive stuff they don't need and so on.


I have to say that reading these books makes the TV-show way better. The TV-series has created a better story-line and left things out that wasn't that interesting to look at. The books are to slow to my taste. It gets a little boring to read.

I'm going to read one more installment and if my opinion stays the same, I'll stop reading this series. This is because I don't see any improvement in the story-lines or in the character-development happening soon. 

I did enjoy reading it in a chick-lit kind of way, but I'm getting tired or reading the same kind of stories over and over. I'm giving this book 2 stars out of 5.
Share your thoughts on this series in the comments!

Comments

  1. Hello, I don't watch gossip girl but I'm familiar with it. I understand what you mean by "getting tired of the same kind of stories" as an avid reader, we tend to read so many books and originality is very rare nowadays.

    Bheiy @Paranormal Romance, Young Adult Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts