Review: Spirit Bound

Title: Spirit Bound
Series: Vampire Academy #5

Author: Richelle Mead
Release date: May 2010
Age group: Young Adult
Pages: 489

Warning: 
If you haven't read this series, I recommend reading my review on the previous books;
book 1: Vampire Academy
book 2: Frostbite
book 3: Shadow Kiss
book 4: Blood Promise


You can also check out my post about the movie: Vampire Academy, the movie!

Expectations
I can't believe I'm already starting the fifth book in this series. Richelle Mead has an amazing writing-style that keeps you interested and intrigued throughout the entire series (so far). I'm expecting a lot of action and I'm really curious about the Dimitri-problem.  

Review
I feel like I'm repeating myself but this series keeps getting better.Rose is becoming one of my all time favorite main-characters. She's so real, that I sometimes forget that it's a fantasy story. She truly loves Dimitri and you can really feel for her.

The fifth book starts out pretty slow and I was waiting for some action. But that's my only complain. After the slow part the story takes off full of action and with great story-lines. And when I say full of action, I mean FULL of action. It was amazing to read and totally made up for the slow part at the beginning.

Can we talk about the Dimitri changes in this book? How did she ever came up with that? It's just so brilliant and exciting to read about. Sometimes we get to see his point of view which I like, because after 5 books, Dimitri can still be a big mystery.

I really like Adrian as a side-character. He can be so understanding and supporting for Rose (and I also like his casual I don't care attitude ; ) that I can't help but like him. 

Sometimes Rose sneaks into Lissa's mind and we get to see a situation through Lissa's eyes, which is a really smart move because we get one main-character, but still two different views.

The way Rose handles some (very difficult) situations seems inspiring. Rose had some interesting moments with Queen Tatiana which often made me wonder if the Queen has good intentions or not.. That still seems like some kind of mystery. 

At the end of this book I had a feeling that the last book can go in so many different directions. Richelle Mead is such a great writer that I honestly don't know what's going to happen in the big finale. I'm really curious about how it's all going down in the end.




If you like, leave a comment below answering the following question:
Have you read any Vampire Young Adult books and if so, what's your favorite book/series?

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts