Review: You know you love me

Title: You know you love me
Series: Gossip Girl #2
Author: Cecily von Ziegesar 
Release date: September 2002
Age group: Young Adult

Pages: 240 

Expectations
I read the first book Gossip Girl, you can check out my review on that one. It was a fun read, but not amazingly written or a really interesting story. I just want to give this series a chance and see it as a fun chick-lit read. I do hope the writing get's better in this second book, as well as the story-lines.


Review
I did have fun reading this book, but I had trouble with some disturbing thoughts that were assumed to be very normal thoughts in this book. 

For example, Blair throws up pretty much whenever she feels nervous and she thinks it's perfectly okay to solve problems like that. Obviously I don't have to explain that's a bad example for young 15-16 year old girls reading these books and thinking that's okay. 

There are more of these kind of examples throughout the book. If we look at the rest of the book, I thought it was an okay read.  I get tired of hearing how beautiful Serena is. We get it, you don't have to tell me every 10 pages or so that her sandy-colored hair sparkles in the sun..

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting to old for series like this and maybe I would've liked it when I was 15 years old. I liked the humorous moments in the book but other than that there was not much to relate to.


Did you read the Gossip Girl series? Let me know in the comments below!!

Comments

Popular Posts