Review: Last Sacrifice

Title: Last Sacrifice
Series: Vampire Academy #6
Author: Richelle Mead
Release date: December 2010
Age group: Young Adult
Pages: 594


If you haven't read this series, I recommend reading my review on the previous books;
book 1: Vampire Academy
book 2: Frostbite
book 3: Shadow Kiss
book 4: Blood Promise
book 5: Spirit Bound

You can also check out my post about the movie:
Vampire Academy, the movie!



Expectations

Up until now I loved this series a lot. I'm so excited to read the sixth and final installment of this series! I'm also a little sad at the same time, because this amazing series is ending. 
I'm expecting a really amazing read with a very satisfying and spectacular ending. It's safe to say that my expectations are very (VERY) high. 


Review

I think Richelle Mead did an amazing job writing a vampire series which some how keeps a very real feel to it. There are great characters involved, not just the main character. Every character seems well thought out and fits great in this story. 
What a great ending to an amazing series. 

The growth of the relationship between Dimitri and Rose is really well portrait.  
There is this tension that changes throughout the book and Dimitri slowly changes from a very closed person to sharing his emotions and struggles with Rose.
I like that this process goes really slow, because that contributes to the credibility of their relationship.  Here's a quote that I think is just so beautiful:

Quote: 
“What was love, really? Flowers, chocolate, and poetry? Or was it something else? Was it being able to finish someone's jokes? Was it having absolute faith that someone was there at your back? Was it knowing someone so well that they instantly understood why you did the things you did—and shared those same beliefs?” - Rose

What I also loved about this book is that it wasn't predictable. There were lots of times where I honestly had no clue how they were going to fix their problems. I liked the twists within the story. 

I still love every other side-character in this series.We get to see more of Sydney which was really nice to read about. We also get to know more about her work as Alchemist and her personality. I really like Adrian, Christian and Lissa. 
How I love the moments where Christian and Adrian throw comments at each other, but it was even better when the two of them teamed up against someone else to defend Lissa. 
Halfway through the book there were some moments where I just laughed out loud because of those two. Just love them all :D But I also like Janine and Abe, (they can be so funny, especially Abe). 
Of course I love Dimitri, but I don't think we can call him a side-character, can we? 

What else can I say, I loved the entire series and I plan on doing a series review. Even if you don't really like vampires, I still think you would like this series because of the great writing, world-building and character-development. I recommend reading this series to anyone who loves Young Adult, I'll give this one, 5 stars out of 5!




Have you read this series? Let me know!

Comments

  1. They're simply wonderful books and I have too admit about being very nervous about the movie.......I've just got the spin off Bloodlines books to read, are you going to read them too?

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are so great! I thought the movie was good.
    I definitely want to read the Bloodlines series, I do think Sydney can be a good main character( not as kickass as Rose thought).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi!
I love to get comments so please leave one!!!
Thanks :D

Popular Posts